J-1 Exchange Visa
When conducting an internship in the U.S. you will need the required J-1 exchange Visa. It can be difficult to obtain the visa: for applying for the J-1 Visa you will need to be in possession of the DS-2019 and DS-7002 form. Also, not all the visa requests are approved by the U.S. Consular. IO New York is specialized in requesting the J-1 Visa and works with sponsors organizations who are designated by the U.S. Government to issue the DS-2019 form.
If you have already found an internship and you are looking for an organization that can help you apply for the J-1 visa and request the DS-2019 form, please contact us for more information.
DS-2019 form When students apply for the J-1 Visa they need to hand in the DS-2019. This form can only be issued by Sponsor Organizations who are designated by the U.S. government. Please note that these sponsor organizations can only issue these forms for certain work fields. Because of our sponsors, we are able to request the DS-2019 form in almost every working field. Requesting the J-1 Visa including the DS-2019 form normally takes about 8 weeks.
1. Apply for the visa
2. 2 or 3 days later you will receive a confirmation
3. Collect & supply the required documents
4. Possible site visit at hosting company by your sponsor organization
5. DS-2019 form will be issued (if everything is approved)
6. Make an appointment at the consular
7. After 3 days you will receive your internship visa for the U.S.!
Costs for the J-1 Exchange Visa
- J-1 Visa / DS-2019 Form- $740,- (1-3 months)
- J-1 Visa / DS-2019 Form- $795,- (3-6 months)
- SEVIS FEE - $180,-
- Appointment US Consular/Embassy - 165,- Euro's
- Insurance - $45,- p.m
- J-1 Visa Support - 165,- Euro
- Site Visit - $180 ,-
- Priority Proceeding - Please inquire
* The fee for the mediation from IO New York for the J-1 visa application is 165,- Euro's
* Due to new regulations it may occur that the sponsor organisation will have to do a site visit at your hosting internship company. The costs for this site visit are 180 dollars. Fortunately in most cases this won’t be necessary.